You bring out the best in me


“We both are as different as two people can be but still are as close as two friends can get. You are all girly girl and I am accused of being a tomboy most of the time.”
This is a story of two unlikeliest of friends….
Both studying in the same school had been ignorant of each other for the first 7yrs of our schooling. But in her 8th std she moved to the neighbourhood where I was staying. Both of us very different individually (couldn’t be more different) found mutual likings and ended up becoming close friends. It all started with walking to school together, then studying together after school, later just spending time in each other’s company.
Both of us have had our share of arguments and probably will have more in the coming years too. But she never broods on the arguments we had and keeps no grudges. And it has never lessened our friendship and for what it’s worth it has made our friendship rather stronger. For a person like me who has trust issues she never complained about my silence (because she knew the little things I shared with her were the most I could share with anyone…).
She gives me courage to be myself and accepts me for what I am without judging me. She can see right through me when I am braving a happy face with a heart as heavy as lead. She needs no proof or explanations from me to see I am right when everyone around is saying otherwise and defends me with all her might without a hint of doubt in her mind. With her everything is black and white…. You are either her friend or you are not but there is no gray which says you are my friend but I don’t consider you as one. In a place where masks are a must she doesn’t pretend to be someone she is not!  

 There were times when we couldn’t contemplate not seeing each other for more than a day, two at the max but now to meet each other for a day has become very difficult. But the best part of our friendship is…. it means as much to her as it means to me. 

Comments

  1. Hmmmm I dunno wat to say u have made me speechless n my eyes r filled wid tears!! I really miss those days!! :'( wish I could get a time machine n wind it up right back thn wn v both were lyin on d terrace wtchin shootin stars without worrying about future!! V both r so different in al d aspects yet v complement each other so wel!! Wherever v r or what so ever v do our friendship will always remain d same!! Miss u pecca!! :( hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you never have to say anything right just be with me that's all :) i wish the time would stop when we spend it together but I i don't think all our wishes come true after all!! But whatever i have spent and will spend always means a lot to me :) so thanks for all that and more :) yes we always will remain friends :) miss u too!!!! and loads of love and hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. its soo beautiful ..is dosti ko kisi ki nazar na lage !! and m a lucky gal to have enjoyed the best of u guys' moods n jokes wen m in mysore :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope u ryt :) ya we are crazy in our own ways aren't we!! :) he he u i know u had to put up with such craziness and thanks for still liking it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehhe kavya seems lot more sensible in front of ur craziness !!!! no apologies offered ;) ;) :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts