LETTER TO A FRIEND


Dear friend
I know I have not always been the best of friends one expects to have but I also know that what we have is something unique and special even if it is just what we feel. I have never had the courage to tell you what our friendship means to me and probably never will if not for today when I am drunk and high, so here it goes, I cherish every minute I spend with you even if it is spent arguing or fighting over silly things. I can’t promise you lines like “I will die for you” and “love of my life is the love between friends” because I would be lying if I told you that! I don’t know what tomorrow has in store for us but I can promise you this, I will be by your side every time you need me. In your happy times and sad because journey called life is made beautiful and bearable by the friends we make. Rest assured that I will be there to hug you and incessantly ask for a treat every time you are happy and celebrating. I will also be there to give you a shoulder to cry and drink all your sorrows away with alcohol till we both pass out when you are sad. 
I know it’s strange how none of us talk about what it is to have each other as friends but we also secretly know that we mean a lot to each other even if it is only when we are drunk and senseless we talk about it and if not for that we wouldn’t be who we are. I never for once dreamed we would be friends but I am happy you chose ME to be your friend when you had so many better options and ‘I’ literally was invisible in the crowd. I am happy to be a part of your life however small it may be and hope you feel the same too because I happen to be kinda possessive about my friendship with you and wouldn’t expect any less from you. We know each other’s best and worst facets, strengths and shortcomings, likes and dislikes and have never let our worst’s crowd over the bests to make our friendship weak. We have fought with each other like bitter enemies and stopped talking for days but somehow always found our way back either by compromises, apologies or shear misery caused by our egos after ignoring one another. 
Thank you for bearing with me when I have been impossible to be with and telling me with no kind words what an ass I am when I am acting like one. And I surely will return the favour may be with an extra kick in the butt of my own :). But most of all thank you for being YOU because I wouldn’t want anything to be any different in you. My sincere request to you is even if I look like I am mad at you and act like I never want to talk to you again don’t let that fool you as it is not true, you are the one person I always want to talk to so don’t give up on me. I may not have the nerve to talk to you again even if I want to think of it as my ego so keep pestering me till I open my mouth just to shut yours.
I have so much more to tell you but now that I am becoming sober my courage is failing me and I will have to sign off. But what I have told you today I will never be able to tell you again (courage or no courage the rest is probably going to the grave with me ;)). So enjoy it while it last because I am almost back to being same old me again.

Loving you always   
 ME

P.S: Hey you need to return all my stuff you have borrowed it’s been ages since you took it saying you will return it as soon as you were done with it (that is me being very very sober and in my senses :P)!!

Comments

  1. Awesome!!! can totally relate to it!!!! :)

    Cheers (hic!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Write Up :) A tad senti though but will forgive you since u were drunk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its sooo damn cute !!!:):) and its totally the way you are !!! the part where u get back to ur shell telling ur getting sober !!! beautiful post !!!! :)loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thanks a ton sush :) got a better perspective of me in coorg huh :D

      Delete
    2. totally !!! a microscopic view into u :D

      Delete
    3. he he il try and be more careful and less sentiMENTAL next time round :D

      Delete
    4. No ways !!!! your always trying n keeping ur sentiments out n trying to put up a brave front with a smiley face !!! so i'm actually trying to tell you not to push yourself soo much !:) and i totally totally am thankful for the time spent in coorg which let me know you better !!!! :) :)

      Delete
    5. he he aye aye mam :) :) il try and be ME more often then :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts