Somewhere in the distance


When I look at the reflection of myself in the mirror I see a girl who is drifting towards an abyss and there is a dark chasm extending in every direction around me. In this fast paced world where everyone is moving at a break neck speed to achieve their perception of happiness I feel I belong to an ancient era (my thoughts wise)!! Sometimes I feel I am not LIVING enough. Meaning – I feel like I am an entity that is just THERE (existing) but not living, living like it’s the end of the world and I don't have to give a damn about anything or anyone. Do all the mundane things that bring a smile on my face, but something stops me from doing it. May be some day I will start…
    # Walking slowly when it’s drizzling.
    # Breathe deeply in a garden of wild flowers.
    # Sleep on the terrace facing the night sky and enjoying the breeze gracing my face with soft music playing in the milieu.
    # Laugh loudly even when it’s considered inappropriate just because it ll bring a smile on someone’s face.  
    # Speak loudly just to annoy someone.
    # Gift a stranger something just because you feel like it.
    # Apologize to your parents often when you are wrong.
    # Open the door with a smile however frustrating the day was.
    # Walk on a beach with water lapping at your feet and sun sinking slowly with shards of light spreading into horizon.
    # Sing at the top of your voice in the bath.
    # Slide down the steps when no one is looking.
    # Sleep sitting on a dusty floor between book shelves in a library.
    # Call and wave at a stranger on the street like you know him from ages and then pretend it wasn't for him.
    # Jump in the puddle of rain like a small kid.

    

Comments

  1. I do #4 and #9 very religiously :D :D
    Anyway what you've written is sometimes very true as I've observed it too.... You always end up not giving a fair chance to yourself !so YES ! high time you put aside the thought of others and do everything that you really want to :) :) :) nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he i am pretty sure you do :)
      Thank you chuchami :) And i wanna do everyone of those things that i have mentioned here :) I sometimes feel i have stopped living coz of the fear of what ppl think!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts