ODE TO A MOTHER


Dearest Mother :)
I Know I have never thanked you for so many things you have done for me. So today I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for all those times I ignored doing so.
* Thank you for taking on the gamble of bringing me into this world, betting on all odds to do so.
* Thank you for constantly keeping me grounded and sane. Even when you know I am being unreasonable, you have the patience of reasoning with me (all you should be doing is yelling and scolding).
* I know that I can never sense it when you are hurting and I am lost when it comes to consoling you, but you just happen to know that I am hurting even when the odds are against it and know exactly what to say to cheer me up and boost my dwindling confidence, so thank you for choosing to be MY mum.
* Thank you for being my teacher, my friend and confidant, but mostly thank you for believing ME, over what others tell about me.
* Thank you for understanding all those things I have never been able to tell you in words.
* Thank you for making me presentable. Educating me even when I have not anything substantial to prove you did the right thing, even in future I may not be able to repay you for all you have done, are doing and I know will always be doing.
* Thank you for defending me when I needed it the most and correct me when I needed to be.
* Thank you for catching me when I fell, both literally and figuratively.
* Thank you for making me feel special when everyone said otherwise.
* Thank you for everything and more. I know I will never be what you hooped I would grow up to be, but I promise I will never stop trying to be a better ME (like you).

         I love you forever and more.
                                                                        

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts