December….


Dry leaves crunching at your feet, cold climate giving you the opportunity to bring out all the cute sweaters you were cribbing you don’t get any chance to wear. Longer night’s with shorter days. A weather which gives you a nice excuse to hug your dear ones and to snuggle a little longer under your blanket. Early morning mist feels like clouds have descended down to earth and dew drops on roses look like diamonds studded on them. Cold breeze hitting your face as you step out of the house (making you pull your sweater teeny tiny bit closer) and the warmth slowly growing on you (making you sigh) as you enter the house. Month filled with homemade cakes, lights, Christmas trees, bells, Santa clause and loads of wishing and at the end of it you are still happy to welcome a new year into your life. Anticipation of new beginning with a tinge of regret for the year gone by.
For me it brings sundry feelings with its arrival. Like….
So many things to look forward to, but also so many things I will miss about this year. I am happy that all the dire things that happened to me this year are behind me but so are the best stuff. It is bringing with it a new year, a year to start afresh but also a precious year of my life has ended.
And December for me is the time when I can reflect on my life for the past few months and make new plans for the coming months. Not that any of my plans work out but it’s still fun to plan as it gives me sense of “ME being in control of my life”.
Ohhh… at the thought of planning I remembered something else, NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!!! Funny thing about resolutions are they have never worked for me, and I am sure it’s the same for many of you too. I had made a few myself but never followed it up. With me it’s either I do what I think off when I think of it or keep procrastinating endlessly till eternity… meaning no resolutions for me!!

So wishing you all Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year. I hope this December has brought all that you wished for and more. :) 

Comments

Popular Posts