The place I call home


It is the most amazing place to grow up in! I call it my personal heaven and I’m sure everyone who has ever lived there or is even introduced to that place will readily agree with me. Most of us have this special attachment for the place or home we grew up in. For me it is the whole campus where my dad is working and where we have lived for as long as I can remember until recently when we shifted to a new place. It is in this place that I have made friends for life, laughed with them, fought with them for silly and stupid reasons but most importantly shared my deepest secrets and insecurities with them and with the place itself (if you know what I mean when I say sharing secrets with a place). I have spent many a Sundays sprawled up on the porch sipping tea and enjoying the evening breeze on my face.
 I love the nights on campus the best because that is the time when all my senses came alive, and also I like the varied colours night brings with it. It  always overrides the rest of the colours I see at other times of the day (now you might start wondering how can there be any other colour apart from black at night! but trust me when I say there are so many colours even in the darkest of nights, you just need to see them that’s all). One more reason for liking it at night is because that’s when I and my friend set out for long walks. And then time stood still and so did the world outside. In those times only world that existed was that of ours and almost every day these walks used to end past 12 in the night after getting yelled at by one of our parents! And I still cannot  get over the fact that I can’t just hop over our compound wall and walk a few steps to stand in front of her door to wake her up at ungodly hours of the night just to tell her that small piece of very lame incident that I missed out when we went for walk!


Now for the wonderful mornings in the campus. I’m not a morning person but I still remember My3 (one of my other friends there) trying to wake me up in the mornings for a basket ball game on school court (oh I forgot to mention… my school was also on campus only and I have studied there for 12yrs). She used to peek into my room and call out my name quietly trying not to wake my parents in the process. The mornings and afternoons are shady and vibrant at best because of all the pretty flowers on the endless line of trees in spring, Breezy and cool in winters, sunny and chirpy in summer. As for evenings… I don’t remember a lot of that as I’m not a evening person either and also because I used to be too busy playing either badminton or basket ball, at times even lagori (most of you I’m sure are already familiar with this game but for those who don’t know, it’s the sport AISHWARYA RAI played at the beginning of the movie “hum dil dechuke sanam” in the first song!) to admire my surroundings of its beauty.
I cannot remember a lot of things from my early childhood days but that fraction of memory which I have of those, point to the fact that I had a happy and impressive memories of the past. I think this is reason enough to call ones place a paradise on earth! I don’t disagree that there are many other places better than this but for me it is my sanctuary, a place I call home!

Comments

  1. totally agree !!! campus was one of the most most beautiful places i've ever seen n been .. and the night walks !!! amazing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ya I Know.... i miss it so much now!!! its so true when they say "you don't realize the value of something until u loose it"!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts