FINDING SENSE IN DREAMS


“It was the darkest of the nights with no stars in the sky. The only sound outside was the howling of the dogs, in the air so tranquil that it felt like the time had stopped. Milieu was like the dirge of the leaves from a dying tree. All of a sudden i heard a scream so loud that it could shatter the window glasses into thousand pieces. Sitting in a corner of the room in that large intimidating manor was a small girl. Weeping with no tears in her eyes and nor could you hear a sound from her trembling lips. She held her brown doll in a crushing hold. With a little hesitation I went to her and looked into her eyes. It was like looking at my own reflection in a mirror. But her eyes portrayed the fear she felt, and at that very moment looking into her eyes I could feel the fear in every fibre of my being.”
All of a sudden I realized I was sitting on my own bed, tears rolling down my cheeks. Only to realize it was all a bad dream. But if it was just a dream then why did that small girl feel so familiar! Like she belonged to some mysterious place deep inside me!? And what was she so terrified off? And what kind of place was she in? Wasn’t she safe? With regret I realized I had to stop this line of thought as it was just a DREAM after all. But….oh what the hell!
With that thought I got out of my bed, made myself a steaming cup of tea. I went out into the balcony still thinking about the dream I just had. Then a thought hit me… what is a dream actually? What does it mean? I remembered what I have heard about dreams.

Some say it is the hidden emotions which you restrain from showing to the world by the fear of ridicule, but is always present in us like a shadow which is ever present but rarely noticed. Others say it’s an alternate or parallel world. A world your mind travels even when your body is in a deep slumber. In the world your mind travels you are a different entity. Your mind keeps travelling far and wide, it may be the blissful place you always wished to be in or the most miserable place you never wish to visit. But sometimes dreams can just be projections of what you were feeling or what you have felt, like a happy thought you had or a wish you dint get to fulfil. But still no one knows for sure what dreams really are or what is the significance of these dreams in your life? Everyone has their own description of what it could be. But I still don’t know if they really mean anything to you or is it just a fragment of that cosmic pool of imagination each one of us possesses?

Just when my thoughts were going awry the clock started chiming and I realized the tea in my hand was only half empty and the other half had gone cold. Sighing I poured the rest of the tea into the sink and went inside to prepare for college.

Comments

  1. very interesting description about Dreams as such !..nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts