Never ever!


It was 12 o’clock in the afternoon sun was right above my head and it felt like my head was on fire and if observed more keenly u could probably see fumes over my head! We were waiting outside a busy restaurant which incidentally also happens to be one of the sought after restaurants for another couple to join us. I was hungry and bored out of my mind from waiting. I had been dragged out of my house (almost literally by one of my friends) for lunch with two other’s. I had finally come around to cleaning my room when my friend had barged into my room uninvited to unceremoniously haul me out with her. She hadn’t given me lot of time to think because she knew I would sweet talk myself out of it. But in her hurry she made sure that I looked like a total rag in my old worn out pair of jeans and wrinkled t-shirt (which badly needed ironing) and my hair in an unfashionable ponytail.  Her reason for this stroppy behaviour was simple, she was as uncomfortable alone around the couple as me. I dint blame her for that because my friend and her boyfriend where this lovey dovey couple who had just started seeing each other and dint realise that others could feel awkward with their open show of affection in public (other mortals like us felt that we were unwanted guest in their party).
Finally I thought! They had arrived 20 mins late and here I was thinking people think I am always late! As the restaurant was completely occupied we had to wait 10 more mins before we got a table. As we were entering I saw a group of friends (I assumed) who looked like they belonged to the cover page of some fashion magazine. But there this one guy who stood out even among them. He was tall immaculately dressed and most importantly very handsome. I was staring at him thinking what could be the colour of his eyes (he was wearing aviators) as we passed the group. Feeling a smile crossing my lips at the thought I proceeded inside. Our table was almost in a secluded corner of the restaurant but one chair was missing. So I went to ask for a spare chair. I could see one just beyond two tables from ours. As I reached for the chair I sensed someone else doing the same. I hadn’t noticed anyone till then so I looked up to see who it was.
It was him! The dude I was almost openly admiring!
Him: Sorry I dint know even you were heading for the chair.
Me: Oh… that’s okay you couldn’t have known it anyway.
Him (smiling): You go ahead and take it I will ask for another one.
Me: Thanks, but you will have to wait! So why not I wait with you till they bring another chair?
Him: You would do that!?
Me: That’s the least I can do.
Him: Thanks that’s really nice of you. I am jayant by the way but my friends call me jay.
Me: Hi I am…..
Oh shit!! Shit…shit…shit… All that conversation had just happened in my head!? The conversation in my head also sucked more than history of sucking conversations!!!!
He was staring at me weirdly (like I was this insane person who would start screaming any minute now). He had asked me something which I had totally missed because of my stupid imaginary conversation!
I felt so mortified that all I could say to him was sorry. I turned to leave when someone from the staff came with another chair which I took great fully without looking back to see his reaction. I sat facing in the opposite direction of the group and him. I couldn’t wait to get out of that restaurant. But it was a decade before we could finally leave even after my continued pestering about having to reach home early. As we were leaving I couldn’t help myself so I glanced in his direction. And then I called myself all kinds of fool for doing so because he was staring at in the same weird way!



Comments

  1. u do have the knack for details... Keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha thanks but its just something i have made up u know :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm literally ROFL here!! Great going pratiii!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha ha ha thanks shru :) also the gal who dragged me out of the house was supposed to be u... how do u like it now :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts