Just another SATURDAY!!


This Saturday (5/2/2012) was like any other Saturday (which normally happens to be pretty dull and uneventful) or so I thought! But it wasn’t because I have a mixed feeling about it. I Like it until it led to a terrible headache in its wake!
Okay let me begin from the beginning….I was getting bored out of my mind so I had invited one my friends to stay over and fortunately she agreed.  We had planned to do a little shopping and then go out on a long drive and then come home with a bottle of whiskey to get totally sloshed… we did all that with a little of impediment and a lot of headache and annoyance that followed the next day.
So it went something like this… I picked up my friend and then went to meet another friend where we spent some time talking. After leaving that place we went shopping. Till then everything was going according to plan (but hey there should be a spoiler somewhere right!? So here it comes…). Just after we left the mall we got caught by the traffic police for not wearing a helmet!! So when it was time to show the vehicle papers I had none… Because as it happens my ass of a brother had removed it when he gave the vehicle for servicing and conveniently forgot to replace them (and what’s more he had even forgotten where he had kept the papers!!!).  So we walked a short distance and took a bus back home and took the spare copy back to the station as they had taken the vehicle there (all the while I kept thinking that I will never give my vehicle to my brother even if my life depended on it!! But now I know I will give it to him eventually but not so soon anyway). But when we reached there we came to know that the officer in charge had gone somewhere and would be back after a while so instead of waiting we decided to go on that drive which we had planned. We stopped a little out of the city just off the road where there is a small dam and a canal kinda thing. It’s a beautiful place and we were lucky that it was almost full moon day and the light it cast on the water was awesome to watch sitting just a few steps above it. It was mesmerising and the best part was we had the place was all for ourselves with no one to disturb the peace and tranquility of the place. We spoke for a long time and it was 2 and half hours before we realized if we dint head back we probably wouldn’t make it in time to get my vehicle back. So we headed back to the city and we were few minutes too late and the officer in charge had left for home. But as we were both girls the other officer took pity on us and gave our vehicle on the condition that he would give my DL back only if we produced my friends DL the day after. We readily agreed and headed back home. On our way home we bought a bottle of whiskey (750ml to be precise).
[But there is a catch…. It’s a little freaking too much between two girls who don’t drink on a regular basis!!]
Well let me proceed with what happened…. We bought the bottle went home had “cheese pizza” (funny thing is I got to know it’s not a good idea to have cheese before drinking only after suffering a awful stomach ache with an insufferable headache the day after) then we went to the terrace spent some more time talking and then my brother joined us for some time with his guitar. He and my friend played guitar for some more time as I enjoyed listening to the instrument give life to the night. After some time we decided it was time to start with the “drinking”.
After 3 glasses of whiskey(one of which straight and also everything that proceeded after it straight as we had run out of sprite and had no ice) in my system I just can’t make myself recall what happened next….. All we know is the whole bottle was empty the day after and then it got worse and worse from then!! But that’s for some other time may be :)…..
 One more down on my things to do list (see this is a onetime thing because I hate to lose control of my senses!!)

Comments

Popular Posts