Dream a little dream of me!


It had just stopped raining. The weather outside was pleasantly cool with slight drizzles now and then. The roads were deserted and pleasing tranquil prevailed. The evening was still young and the sun was sinking into the horizon slowly. The birds were flocking away to their warm and inviting nests. I was in a ‘not-so-easily-explainable-mood’ which was somewhere between sad and happy. The nearest explainable word could be content. I dint want to spend time with anyone but ME, not to muse over any subject but to just find succour within myself. So grabbing an umbrella I set out for a walk. The evening sun was almost invisible between the dark and sinister clouds, yet managing to spread sparks of light from between those looming clouds. As I started walking I felt a smile reaching my lips. The reason behind this smile was the array of flowers sprinkled across on either sides of the sidewalk, which reminded that every minute of this life is worth living. However distressed I might be right now, there will be a time when happiness is bound to return (with full might too). I also felt like they were telling me you don’t have to depend on anyone to make you happy, just find the happiness hidden within and you will never have to turn to others.

As I walked on I started feeling a ray of happiness creeping into my heart making the smile on my face grow broader with every step. As I walked along I started appreciating all small little things around me that can be the reason for that lingering smile on your face. The chirping of the playful birds, the silent whisper of nippy winds, the many shades of rainbow and thousand droplets of drizzling clouds. I realized then that with every passing day I was going further and further away from simple things in nature which could bring bliss to my heart. I was so caught up in my own chaos called ‘Life’ that I had forgotten how small little things like walking alone on a road with wild flowers strewn around can bring happiness to your heart and peace to your mind. 

Just when I was feeling the creeping sense of goodness I came across an open gate leading to a tiny and snug cottage with a bright and colourful garden inviting me in. I knew I would be an intruder and dint have a reason to be there or justify myself if I got caught prowling their garden. But I couldn't stop myself from entering this picturesque little cottage, it was like my legs had a life of their own and I couldn't stop them even if I wanted to. Suddenly a thought struck me “what if they have a dog and they unleash it on me!!” Brazing myself for the worst I walked along but thankfully nothing came jumping out of the bushes and I was relived. So with a little more courage than I had felt before I forged on. I was envious of the family who owned this lovely place away from all the traffic, the noise, the pollution and the rat race with break neck speed every cosmopolitan city is famous for. But I also felt like a gawky “Goldilocks” intruding the family of “Papa bear, mummy bear and baby bear”. Lucky I dint chance upon any of the “bears” and was saved of the embarrassment!

After a few steps and a lot of admiration my eyes fell on a swing. Not able to resist myself I sat on it, I started enjoying the feel of breeze on my face as I swung to and fro. The evening, the soft breeze and the rhythm of the swing took me to a different era (that of the 70s and 80s). Especially reminding me of the songs and emotional depth those words have. I started humming few of my favorite songs imaging what it would feel like to have someone sing it for me and actually mean it too. In my reverie I had lost track of time and realized I had to leave, to go back to my life! With a heavy heart I left the lovely little cottage to never look back. But hope in my heart (hope of new possibilities).  


Comments

  1. hahha goldilocks !! how cute ! :) :-* but srsly pecca tell me one thing / when r u going to stop tresspassing into others' property ?? pch pch ! everywhere !!! :D
    anyway its a very nice post ,kinda fresh and its true sometimes all we have to do is just spend some time alone with ourselves and things become clear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I was so hoping you would have forgotten Kodai gatecrashing!! well a gal can hope :P Also wherez the fun in doing everything ryt na!! :) sometimes you just have to listen to your heart even when you know it can get you into trouble :D
      Yeah time alone always helps you fall in love with yourself :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts