Drenched in memories of a Dream



When you are sitting alone staring out the window listening to torrential hammering of rain outside, all that comes to mind is the myriad memories of countless plans made to study every day, the unfinished letter still hidden somewhere in your book, that song on your mind on repeat mode, apprehension of apologizing after a huge fight, the never ending late nighters and so many more. But with all those happy memories there is that one memory of the dreams which never became a reality, always coming back to remind you to take life in a stride.

Today after a long time I remembered the bashful dreams I had when I was a kid. I wanted to become a bus conductor at one point of time in my life because I thought, that was the coolest job one could have as you get paid for travelling the world and even more cool was the fact, that you could ask rest of the passengers to pay you for just travelling with you and they would readily oblige. And then at some point I wanted to become a postmaster as it fascinated me to see everyone waiting eagerly to see him deliver their letters and I felt, that was the most respectable job anyone could ever have. Then I started to read books like “Sndhabad the sailor” and “Gulliver’s Travels” and decided I would become a sailor or a pirate, own a ship and sail the seven seas to rule the same. No one could stop me and the world was my playground which included just me and a handful of my friends…. But then I grew up! Everything changed and so did I!  

Comments

  1. I remember your dream of becoming a bus conductor !! hahhhaha ! It was hilarious :P :D
    and i liked your 2nd paragraph .. nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he yeah even I was laughing when I remembered that :D thanq thanq :)

      Delete
  2. I am not sure if u really changed. :) :P Nicely put and yeah u would make an ideal postmaster general :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts